Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Cutting Room Floor

I realize that it's been a while since my last post. I started this blog on the every-other-day cycle, and then switched over to the "whenever I have a good acceptable idea" cycle, because if I have to force one out; it's just not going to be that good.

I also realize that Bud's 1st birthday is Saturday, and I should have some sharable thoughts on the subject. I guess the story there is that it's a lot of pressure: how do I summarize my first year as a father? There just isn't a good enough YouTube video to accomplish that feat.

So, while this writer's block continues, I present below a list of posts that I started, but just wasn't Newdaddyworthy. Here we go:

(1) "I'm Not Cool Anymore": The story of how I went from semi-cool in the early part of this decade to not-so-cool now. I liked this post, because I regale the reader about how I used my "skills" to pick up Newmommy, but, in the end, it was too depressing to post.

(2) "My Super Sweet One": A list of rejected theme's for Bud's first birthday party. It just wasn't funny. (Hint: Hillary Clinton was the subject of one.)

(3) "Bottle for Daddy": I honestly don't remember where this was going...perhaps Daddy really did have a Bottle before he starting writing!

(4) "Hands up! Baby, Hands up!": When Bud lifted her hands in the air on cue, I wanted to write a post about it. But, I decided against it, because she didn't waive them around like she just didn't care.

(5) "Just Bring Me My Food": About overly child-friendly waitresses. I may pick this one up at some point.

My goal is to have something a bit more meaningful before Bud's birthday. If not, there's always next year!

1 comment:

Yazbec said...

PLEASE write the 'just bring me my food' post! perhaps you could append 'and stop touching my baby!'

At least, that's what I always want to say!

thanks for writing,

Pete