Sunday, March 07, 2010

I Don't Get It

Am I getting old? Because I don't understand kid's TV shows these days.

Max & Ruby....where are your parents? Ruby's not all that old, is she really responsible enough to be taking care of Max on a full time basis? That's quite a burden to place on a young rabbit. Also, she doesn't seem all that attentive to her brother...I am watching an episode right now where Ruby's trying to make a clubhouse and Max keeps bothering her. Basically, she keeps trying to get rid of him. Some parenting. And I'm not sure how comfortable I am with this creepy Bunny Scout Leader coming by without parental supervision.

Yo Gabba Gabba. Look, I respect Biz Markie's lyrical abilities, but I think Bud's educational focus at age three should be on something other than beatboxing. (For us adults, however, it's never too late to brush up on the basics:)



That being said, there's probably more educational value in a creepy robot teaching kids to wash their hands and not to eat glue than what I watched...a cat and a mouse beat the living shit out of each other.

No comments: