Sunday, March 16, 2008

Looks and a Brain Too

While changing Bud tonight, I asked, "Whose pretty?" Not missing a beat, Bud looked back at me and stated, very matter-of-factly, "Smart." As if to say, I'm not just a cute face, love me for my brains, daddy.

Unfortunately, she doesn't practice what she preaches. At today's Purim carnival (she dressed as a ladybug...very cute...) she was having lunch with one of her friends from pre-pre-school, when she smiled at him and then, while he was off-guard, swiped a piece of his pizza. Using the looks to get what we want, are we? Then again, that move was rather smart....

Looks and a brain too. There are so few of us out there.

Although, I could have done without her insisting on me reading (and then re-reading) the back of the Elmo DVD tonight. "Enjoy these easy-to-sing songs with your child, blah, blah, blah." I tried to get her to stop asking for me to read it ("Again! Again!"...like a friggin' Teletubby) by reading the disclaimer. Nope. Maybe she'll be a lawyer like her daddy.

No comments: