Friday, February 01, 2008

Earmuffs!

"Having kids is great, you can teach them to hate the things you hate." - Homer Simpson

You can also teach them tricks. I've noticed that Bud is picking up so many words, mannerisms and facial expressions without any instruction. I figured, with some instruction, surely she can learn some cute...I hesitate to use the word..."tricks."

I decided to teach Bud "earmuffs" from the movie Old School. For a few days, I would say "earmuffs" and hold my own ears. Then, for a few more days, I would hold her ears while saying "earmuffs." Then, I took her hands to hold her own ears.

Last week she sort-of got it. I said "earmuffs," and she put one hand to one ear. Great, halfway there. This week, the response is both hands over her mouth. I'm not sure if that's a step forward or back, but I think I can have her doing this by the end of the month. Won't that be great at parties?

Oh, and she's full-on walking now. And when I say "full-on", I mean 15 to 20 steps, followed by a fall.

No comments: