Sunday, January 07, 2007

A kid's sense of humor...

So shoot me. I'm walking through Buy-Buy Baby and spot this book.



Huh, huh....it says "Balls."

Anyway...can someone explain to me who Elmo is? Yeah, I realize he's been around for a while, I remember the "tickle me Elmo" fad about ten years ago. My "Sesame Street" era was the late '70s/early '80s, and I don't think Elmo was a part of the cast back then. Neither was "Prairie Dawn" whose mother seems like your stereotypical neurotic Jewish mother. "I need to pack a diaper bag, oh, and I need wipes..."

Prairie Dawn's mom needs some lessons in parenting. First, she named her daughter after a shooter made with Tabasco....no wait, that's a prairie fire...whatever, it's still a stupid name. But what really takes the cake is her failure to control her daughter. In one of the "Sesame Beginnings" DVDs that Bud's been into recently, Prairie Dawn is begging to finger paint, but it's time to get dressed. The mother comes up with a great idea to play "peek-a-boo" while getting dressed, and sings a whole song about it. Then, at the end of the song, after the little monster gets dressed, she sneaks into the finger paints and makes a big mess, clearly against her mother's wishes. All the mother says is "Oh, Prairie...peek-a-boo, I love you."

Terrible, terrible parenting.



No comments: