Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Fatherhood is Amazing

Look, I realize that I've spent a lot of time on this blog making jokes and being cynical about things that fathers have to go through. But, as I approach Bud's three-month birthday, I've been doing a lot of thinking about what it's like being a father, and I have concluded that it's pretty incredible.

My daughter is talking now. No, not words, unless you count 'aaalalahhall' as a word. But as she babbles, her facial expressions mimic those of someone actually conversing. I read today that two-thirds of communication that takes place during live conversation is done through facial expressions. I guess I'm not crazy in thinking that she is talking to me.

To cheesy for you? Fair enough. To make up for it, I give you this public service announcement.

1 comment:

Steven Josselson said...

I think it's interesting that He-Man suggests informing your minister or rabbi if you've been molested, but not your priest. A coincidence?

By the way, I'm glad you still like your daughter because I hear it's pretty hard to get a refund, in-store credit or exchage during the busy holiday season.