Monday, December 18, 2006

The Newdaddy Soundtrack (or Newdaddy's Day Off)

Newmommy threw her back out, so I stayed home from work today.

Here was my day: first, I convinced my very nervous best friend to steal his father's car. We then went and picked up my girlfriend, and then drove into the city. Wait, no, that wasn't me.

Oh, yeah, now I remember...if my life were a TV show, today's the episode where I learn what it's like to be Newmommy by taking care of Bud all day.

Yes, it's hard, and yes, I am exhausted. Although in all fairness, I tried to hold down the fort here while "working from home." That probably was not smart. I did have fun with Bud, though, as I had the rare opportunity to play with her all day.

She's found her thumb, she has short bursts of giggles and I think she's close to discovering her feet.

So it's time to eat, and she's all wound up. So, I thought some singing would calm her down. Admittedly, I am not much of a singer, but there's something about parenting and singing that just go together. I am sick of all the kid's songs lately, so I sang whatever came to my head....here's tonight's soundtrack:
  • "Ice Ice Baby," Vanilla Ice
  • "U Can't Touch This," MC Hammer
  • "Three Little Birds," Bob Marley & The Wailers
  • "I Shot the Sheriff," Bob Marley & The Wailers
  • Theme to "The Facts of Life"
  • Theme to "Diff'rent Strokes"
  • Theme to "Family Ties" (which about two lines in, I realized I didn't know)
  • Theme to "Silver Spoons"
Still trying to figure out what happened there....how do you go from Bob Marley to "The Facts of Life"?? No clue.

No comments: