Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Things I Could Have Done Without in 2006 (Part 1)

Not too long ago, I broke my rule that I wouldn't publish cheesy, mushy posts about how much I love my daughter. I believe my exact words were that I wouldn't write: "[My baby] is the snuggliest, loviest, blessing I have ever received." Well, she is...so bite me.

To balance this out, I want you all to know that despite 2006 being a fantastic year for me (as I became a father), there were some things this year that I could have done without. Here goes...
  1. Bluetooth. There was a time when I knew who on the street was crazy and who was not, as the crazy people talked to themselves. Now everyone's talking to themselves, and if you aren't looking at the right angle, it's hard to tell who's actually using a Bluetooth headset. And since when is it acceptable to WEAR your phone??
  2. Panic! at the Disco. "What a Beautiful Wedding..." Shut up, shut up, shut up!! What is this band's appeal?
  3. "Portrait of Promise", the educational video on shaken baby syndrome that the hospital made us watch when Bud was born. It aired at 1:40 pm, 8:40pm and 2:40am. Very convenient....I guess they thought new parents would be up at 2:40am anyway. At about 11pm on our last night, we realized we hadn't watched it yet.
  4. The collapse of the New York Yankees. (A certain other New York team looks like it may be on the verge of a collapse too, but I don't want to say anything until Sunday.)
  5. The "holiday season" starting in early November. I am sorry, but the week before Thanksgiving is not the "most wonderful time of the year."
To be continued....

No comments: