Monday, October 23, 2006

Complaint Department

I got my first complaint about this blog. Someone was upset that I had posted two articles that were not on the topic of daddying. (Actually, only one wasn't on topic, the other sort-of was).

You know the expression "the customer is always right." That's not our policy here...if it's 11:30am, you have to order something from the lunch menu. Breakfast's over...

But it's more than just that. And it's more than adding color to this blog. Daddys are people too, and I don't spend my entire day "daddying." I go to work, sometimes engage in what's left of my social life, watch sporting events, write on this blog...I'm sure there are other things in there somewhere (I think I ate a steak last week). To truly describe what it's like to enter the world of fatherhood, it can't be all stories about spitup and sleepless nights and social smiles. I gotta throw in a rant about how boring a world series between St. Louis and Detroit is...I mean, come on, the World Champion the year my daughter was born is either going to be the Cardinals or the Tigers.

While we're on the topic of this blog, what's worse- the fact that someone googled "Revenge of the Nerds 4 Booger Burp", or the fact that my blog was a hit for that search? Revenge of the Nerds FOUR?? Someone's actually looking for a scene from Revenge of the Nerds 4??? And I'm getting complaints for talking about baseball?!?!?



No comments: