Monday, March 19, 2007

P-A-R-T-Why? Because I gotta.

I know, minus ten points for quoting The Mask. Hey, at least I didn't quote The Cable Guy.

Bud went to her first party and she passed out about twenty minutes into it. Lightweight. Oh, well...I guess she's not the first person to pass out at a party, but I sure hope that's not a sign of things to come.

"Her friend" (and, I put that in quotes, because it's a funny concept....sort of like when my friends "meet" Bud for the first time...it's strange to think of a six-month old "meeting" anyone...) had his first birthday party, and his parents put together a nice clambake...it had a good mix of child/adult activities. The kids had a Laurie Berkner-esque singer and, although there was no keg, the adults had a nice spread of Italian food and wine. Overall, good party....and I've been to some disasters. (Imagine being trapped in a bad restaurant, with no real "adult" spread...kids and adults were treated to only pizza and chicken fingers...wait, that actually sounds pretty good...well, the singer at that one was annoying.)

First birthday parties are really tough to plan. You need to simultaneously entertain adults and one-year olds. Aside from fart jokes, I am out of ideas....

No comments: