Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'd Like to Buy a Conversation

I hadn't seen Wheel of Fortune in a while, and I notice that now, during the bonus round, they give you six letters automatically, and have you pick an additional four. This is a good system as it gets rid of the riff-raff letters that everyone picks so that you can focus on the real stuff.

With Rosh Hashanah approaching, I imagine I will be seeing quite a few family members and friends whom I have not seen or spoken to over the past two weeks. I am going to take the Wheel of Fortune approach and eliminate the conversation I'd otherwise be bound to repeat over and over again by handing out cards with the following:
  • It's good to see you, too. It has been a while.
  • Yes we did, last Friday night.
  • A girl.
  • 7 lbs, 10 oz. 20 inches.
  • C-section.
  • Yeah, but she did really well...I was so impressed with her.
  • Fine, she's healing nicely.
  • No, I haven't gotten much sleep.
  • About a week and a half, I went back this week.
  • We really should, we don't live that far apart.

L'Shana Tova everyone! (If applicable, otherwise, happy weekend.)

No comments: