Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Waiting Game Sucks...Let's Play Hungry, Hungry Hippos

Newmommy's due date is tomorrow. And in the words of Tom Petty, "the waiting is the hardest part." Newmommy has had contractions that did not lead to active labor for the last week or so.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I can't wait to have this baby to get my life back on track. Minus the conversations I've had at work and with Newmommy, every conversation I've had over the last few days has been a no-update status report on Bud's arrival.

This is how I feel: have you ever been on a plane eagerly anticipating landing (vacation, can't wait to see someone, etc.)? The plane is scheduled to land in half an hour or so, "the capitan has made his initial decent into the....area...." and then, all of a sudden, the plane stops descending. "This is your capitan speaking...we have some unexplained issue on the runway, we will be in a holding pattern for about 30 minutes, I will give you an update when I have more information."

Damn you! The runway is right there, I can see it....

Thirty minutes go by, still no sign of descent..."sorry folks, up here on the flight deck, looks like its going to be about another thirty minutes...."

That's how I feel: it's a bit frustrating, and to make matters worse, we no longer have a shot at Jeff Foxworthy's $50,000.

So, to pass the time, I found this very amusing.

No comments: