Thursday, February 01, 2007

They Call Them "Fingers," But I've Never Seen Them "Fing"!

What can be more heartwarming to a new father than that bright smile of his little girl as he comes home from a hard day's work. I'll tell you...her flipping him off. That's right folks, Bud has made an advancement in the category of fine motor skills...flipping the bird.

Now, of course she doesn't mean it. It's just a position her hand's been getting into lately (I HOPE!). But, as I sit there feeding her, her fighting over those last two ounces, it's hard not to think that there may be a little bit of intent there.

I should point out that there have been other developments with respect to her hands: she's beginning to hold the bottle as we feed her, she's grabbing just about everything you put in front of her, and she also can type about 50 words per minute on a blackberry.

This development takes the cake, though. And yes, I am proud of her...she has learned an essential means of communicating, and she hasn't even begun to form words yet. Plus, it's really cute. So, when daddy gets home from a long day, seeing you're daughter flip you off...it can be quite heartwarming.

I doubt I'll feel the same way in sixteen years.

No comments: