Friday, November 10, 2006

Dadiquette

I'm going to write this post at the risk of offending at least three of my closest friends who may think I am writing specifically about them. I'm not...you're like the ninth, tenth, eleventh example of this. I'm guilty of it too...but I am going to throw stones in my little glass nursery.

What do you do if you have plans with someone who has a baby and you, your spouse, your kid, etc. come down with a cold? I will tell you. The proper etiquette is to cancel. I understand. I don't want to get sick and I don't want Bud to get sick. I can see you next week...it's OK.

Here's what you don't do...

(1) Ask me what I think you should do. I'm not a doctor...if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be coming over.

(2) Make a "game day decision." It's 10:30pm, you're not going to be all better by noon tomorrow.

(3) Chalk it up to allergies. You probably don't have allergies.

Next time on "Dadiquette": If I don't know you, get your damn hands off my child.

This post is written in honor of my mother-in-law, who got sick and cancelled tonight's plans...leaving Newmommy and I without a babysitter, and making it another week until I get to see the Borat movie. Jegshamesh!

No comments: