Thursday, November 23, 2006

What I'm Thankful For...

My family has a rule. Yeah, we do the cheesy go- around -the -table -and -say -what -you're -thankful -for at Thanksgiving dinner. But, we take the Wheel-of-Fortune approach and knock out the "health and family" category (because that's what everyone would say). It's not that we're not thankful, it just makes for a better conversation this way. I'm working on my list...
  • Diaper Decor. My house doesn't smell like feces...how could I not be thankful?
  • Tivo. What did parents do before Tivo? Miss their shows for feedings? That's stupid.
  • The white noise machine. I think it works, as Bud has developed some good sleep habits. More on that later.
  • Newmommy (OK, I'll break the rule)...she doesn't make me get up to do night feedings on school nights.
  • "The Office"...that's just a good show.
  • YouTube. And the creative parents who post videos.
  • Paternity leave....really came in handy this year.
That's what I've got so far. I still have about 17 hours to go.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving everyone! I think my family has gotten sick of turkey and, as such, is going the (I think) brisket route. In any event, how can you think of Thanksgiving without thinking of this classic scene from "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"?

No comments: