Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thank You Mario! But our princess is in another castle!

Dear Mother and Father Sitting at the Next Table Over at about 8pm Tonight at the All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Bar on 81st Street With the 9-year-old With the Gameboy,

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that you're taking your child to sushi bars at a young age (even though you did order him the teriyaki...that's like going to a Brazilian bar-b-que and ordering the fish). But, rather than talk to the kid, you two talked to each other and let that kid play on his f-ing Gameboy for an hour straight! You know what I did...I had to listen to that stupid Mario Brothers music...and now I can't get it out of my head!

Don't you realize that you should be teaching your kid to interact, and not to just be addicted to his little electronic toys. ...wait a minute, my blackberry is buzzing.

You know what else I heard? Your asinine conversation. "Brothers and Sisters is the best show on TV." Are you serious? You should have been arrested just for saying that! Day Break....DAY BREAK!?!?! Am I the only one who realizes that's a rip-off of Groundhog Day?? Maybe it's a good thing you let that kid play on that Gameboy.

All my best,

Newdaddy

P.S. Are you missing any hidden messages in your kid's video games??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Newdaddy,
You know you'll be at a certain inexpensive all-you-can-eat sushi establishment on the outskirts of a large southeastern city in a few years. Just make sure the gameboy is left in the car